Hospital Food Service Director Position in Paris Texas
Salary Range: $70,000.00 to $75,000
Support the healing journey for patients and their loved ones by delivering high-quality food service in a healthcare environment. Deliver excellent patient meal service while exploring creative avenues to make the hospital cafe a community asset—through great food options, a welcoming retail space, local partnerships, and more. Impact the overall health and well-being of every patient and change the perception of hospital food. Enjoy most nights and weekends off while growing your career and income in an engaging and rewarding environment.
- Manage the food service department to provide excellent service and quality
- Communicate with department, facility, and company leadership to achieve goals
- Collaborate with dietitians and chefs to develop menus that are in line with market trends and deliver nutritional value
- Provide leadership that supports a team environment that fosters morale, passion, quality, and respect
- Demonstrate continuous ability to maintain and/or improve customer and patient satisfaction through communication, integrity, and performance
- Lead team member recruiting, training, development, scheduling, and assignments
- Perform daily inspections and assessments and coach and counsel team members
- Manage inventory, ordering, vendor relationships, planning, schedules, payroll, and supplies to ensure budget compliance
- Implement team-building initiatives to create a positive and safe work environment
- Drive compliance with health, safety, and industry regulatory agencies
- Leadership: Effectively lead and manage a supportive, respectful, and inclusive team
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Communication: Effective written, spoken, and non-verbal communication as well as presentation skills
- Customer Service: Service-oriented mentality with a focus on exceeding expectations
- Professionalism: Maintain a positive and professional demeanor
- Decision Making: Ability to quickly make sound decisions and judgments
- Proactivity: Self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize projects and needs
- Team Player: Willingness to collaborate and provide support where needed to achieve outcomes
- Business Ethics: Demonstrate integrity, respect, and discretion in all business dealings
- Organization: Attention to detail and ability to effectively manage tasks in a fast-paced environment
- ServSafe Food Service Manager Certification
- 5+ years of food operations experience, including 3+ years of management
- Experience with cash handling policies and procedures
- Familiarity with various point of sales (POS)/register systems
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and ordering platforms
- Must be willing to relocate for promotion opportunities
Not Required But a Big Plus
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM)
- Experience working in a hospital environment
- Proficiency in languages other than English, especially Spanish
What We Offer
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employee resource groups (ERGs)
- Career development and ongoing training
Important to Know
- To comply with CMS mandates, all HHS employees working in healthcare must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption (medical or religious) upon start of employment.
- Veterans and candidates with military experience are encouraged to apply.
- HHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workplace diversity and inclusion.
Who is HHS
HHS is a private, family-owned business dedicated to caring for its team members and providing honest, quality-driven customer service. Founded in 1975 as Hospital Housekeeping Systems, today HHS provides services including housekeeping, food, and facility management to nearly 1,000 customers across six industries.
We are growing rapidly and seeking motivated leaders to join us for the next stage of our journey. We support and encourage growth from within and believe that we have countless future leaders in our organization who are waiting for their next opportunity. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Team supports a work environment where individuals of all backgrounds are heard, respected, and encouraged to grow.