We are a precision manufacturing company just outside of Norway, Maine that is looking for an experienced Director to lead our Engineering department.
This company is looking to interview and hire someone with metals manufacturing experience! Take a look and if you are a match, APPLY TODAY!
The Director of Engineering will oversee product engineering operations and ensure that proper engineering procedures are followed per companies requirements. This position reports to the VP of Operations and partners with critical stakeholders including customers, sales, supply chain, quality, and manufacturing to ensure goals and objectives are met. The ideal candidate will have experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, a keen interest in international trends in engineering and leadership, and above-average emotional intelligence.
- Plans and coordinates the work of engineering staff.
- Oversees engineering staff and ensures that they meet goals and objectives.
- Recruits additional engineering staff as needed.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Provides training and mentoring as needed.
- Consults with VP of Operations and Director of Manufacturing to create long-range operating and manufacturing goals specific to the needs of the organization.
- Develops new products from concept to testing to production.
- Fosters a continuous improvement mindset for correcting non-conformance as well as driving efficiencies into existing processes, methods and procedures.
- Collaborates with marketing department to determine market potential for new products.
- Reviews project reports to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget.
- Maintains as the subject matter expert of machining and automation processes to ensure implementation and use of state-of-the-art technologies for optimum quality & cost performance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive technical knowledge of engineering and product development.
- Excellent financial skills and ability to analyze financial data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- A minimum of ten years in the Machine Tool Technology trade
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required; Masters degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred.
- At least ten years of related experience required.
- Working experience of ISO9001/AS9100 preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to traverse manufacturing facility.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with minimal cost to employee
• 401k plan with an employer match; 100% vested upon hire
• Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance at no cost to employee
• PTO and 10 Paid Holidays
• Tuition Assistance
You may contact me directly at E: firstname.lastname@example.org PH: 605-679-9922
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.