This position is responsible for the areas of: Inventory valuation, Standard Costing, Month end close, Fixed Asset valuation, Financial Analysis, and some staff accountant functions. This position will require the accountant to standardize, document, and improve their work and current processes.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Maintain accurate accounting records for all material inventory accounts (Raw materials, finished goods, spare parts).
• Maintain General Ledger and Financial Statements.
• Maintain fixed assets control system and calculate monthly depreciation.
• Coordinate annual fixed asset count, manage projects from an accounting perspective, work with managers to identify potential retirements, coordinate capital approval meetings.
• Monthly journal entries, reconciliations, and financial reports.
• Compile audit requests.
• Daily review of Purchase Orders in Plex for Taxability.
• Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts.
• Verify processed payments are accurate.
• Review Processes and Procedures to identify areas of improvement.
• Monthly Sales Tax returns.
• Inventory analysis.
• Calculate and Update Standard costs.
• Provide back up to counterpart.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Controller.